Some are under the impression that they have to buy boxes from their moving company. This is not the case. There are plenty of better places to find them! This guide will tell you the best places to buy boxes.
- UsedCardboardBoxes – If you are looking for a low cost option, you will like what you find here. Moving kits are available in a variety of sizes, from a studio/dorm room up to a 10-room home.
- UBoxes – This place is your one stop shop for all your needs. You can buy boxes or moving kits, and there are even specialty boxes for wardrobe, televisions, pictures, and files. Plus, you can get mattress covers, blankets, tape, etc.
- Repax – Recyclable bins are the greener and cleaner alternative to discounted boxes. You select your date, and the bins get dropped off to you. When you are done moving, Repax will pick the empty bins back up. You can even request a dolly.
- Jugglebox – This is another option, if you prefer to use recyclable bins. They are made of eco-friendly plastic and available in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Hoboken, and Jersey City.
- Bin-It – Packages of these bins start at only $99, and include free delivery and pickup. Each bin is large enough to fit 48 books or approximately 15 sweaters and five jackets, so they are quite roomy.
Why buy moving boxes when you can get them for free? If you are really trying to pinch pennies with your move and you are wondering where to find boxes for moving at a discounted rate then you will likely appreciate this guide for free boxes.
Office supply, book, grocery, home improvement, sporting good, and liquor stores all receive shipments at least once a week or more. Stop in to find out what day the next shipment is scheduled, and ask if you can pick up the boxes. Bars and restaurants are great resources for moving boxes, too!