If you are a first time home buyer then you are likely anxious to get settled into your first house. Of course, since you have never done this before, you can probably use a few helpful moving tips that most people forget the first time around.
- Get Keys Made – First of all, if you did not change the locks already, this needs to be done. You never know how many spare keys to your home are floating around out there. You should also get extra keys made now while you are thinking about it. KeyMe is an app you may find helpful.
- Install an Alarm System – Don’t wait to have an alarm system installed. You will feel so much better knowing your home is protected from the very first night.
- Cover Windows – Even if you intend on buying window treatments in the near future you should still cover the windows now for the time being. You do not have to invest in anything expensive. Simple curtains will ensure thieves will not be peaking in to see what the new homeowners have.
- Have a Toolkit Handy – If you have a toolkit already, then great! If not, you can assemble one with the essentials that you will need, such as a tape measure, hammer, nails, level, and power drill. A ladder will come in handy, too!
- Check for Signs of Pests – Before you hire a moving company to load everything into your new house, you should do a final check for pests. If you need an exterminator, now is the time to hire one.
- Move In Day Tips – If you are a first time buyer, moving into your new house, you are probably running on adrenaline. However, you will hit a wall eventually. One of the first things you should do after your Austin movers leave is make the bed and hang the shower curtain. So, when you suddenly feel your energy deplete, you will be able to jump into the shower and finally enjoy a night of rest in your new home.